News & Events
VFix replaces “hardware-heavy” vision system in automotive paint line
Manufacturing engineers and maintenance technicians are thrilled to replace their hardware-heavy vision guidance systems with VFix in an automotive paint line.
At first the line worked on just one body style. Then a second style was added. Then a third. With each style addition came the addition of 4 new cameras and lights in every zone. With 10 or more cameras & lights in each zone, maintenance couldn’t work without bumping something out of position. Each bump meant extra work & downtime to set the vision system up again.
The advantages of VFix are in full display for this system replacement:
- Reduced downtime & maintenance = lower long-term operating costs
- Decreasing number of hardware pieces in each cell from 20+ to 4
- Eliminating external lights
- No more sensitivity to ambient factory lighting
- Able to easily accommodate style additions / changes with no extra hardware / supplier support
- Faster cycle times
- Improved offset accuracy
Whether you’re brand new to guidance or ready to prove out a project, Liberty Reach is here to help.
New Product Release – VPick™ introduced at ProMat Show