VPick™is a dynamic machine vision system that gives material handling robots the ability to accurately pick and place boxes for warehouse automation tasks. The system uses data from overhead or robot-mounted sensors to quickly determine the position and orientation of boxes for fast and precise pick and place operations.
The video above shows VPick™ decanting boxes seamlessly by determining the optimal number of boxes that can fit into a tote or bin with a single pick. The user defines the size of the tote and the robot EOAT size, while the system determines the best pick from the pallet that will fit into the tote or container. VPick™ can also be used for automated palletizing, depalletizing, delayering, and carrier packing.
- Does not require the boxes to be stacked according to any pre-determined pattern
- Does not need to be told how many boxes are on a pallet layer
- Allows for partial pallet layers and multiple layers
- Can operate with the lights on or off
- No need to train the system and there are minimal SKU specific parameters to manage
- Can accommodate large range of box sizes, features, and printing